Thursday, September 8, 2005

Doggy Update

Just got off the phone with the vet. Opal's condition has improved quite a bit, and she is snipping at the vet staff. They still don't know what's causing the condition, but she has responded well to the IV fluids. They have also given her Dexamethasone to assist her immune system.

The doctor now believes that the skin issues are related, and he has taken a biopsy of the skin condition for evaluation by an outside lab. It will be at least another day before we have those results.

Given our schedule, and the fact that they themselves are now in a hurry-up-and-wait phase, they are going to release her to us so we can move along, but she will still have the IV catheter and we'll give her another bag or so. I'm not sure what they have on the drip -- probably normal saline.

They will call us when the pathology comes back, and, if indicated, we can take her to someone in Mississippi or Texas.

Just wanted to update everyone, since we have been receiving words of concern and support.

We are going to stow the dish now, and I will post again from our next stop.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your comments on this post! We currently allow anyone to comment without registering. If you choose to use the "anonymous" option, please add your name or nickname to the bottom of your comment, within the main comment box. Getting feedback signed simply "anonymous" is kind of like having strangers shout things at us on the street: a bit disconcerting. Thanks!