Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Website Wednesday: Reducing Clutter

On Wednesdays I write about websites that I visit often.

I believe strongly that one of the keys to living happily in an RV is to keep clutter to a minimum. I like things to be neat and organized, and I also like to read about how other people simplify their homes and offices.

Here are a few of the websites that I enjoy on this topic.

Unclutterer
"Unclutterer is the website for home and office organization. It's not just for the helplessly disorganized who would lose their head if it wasn't attached to them, and pack rats looking to put their stashes on a diet, but also for obsessive compulsive neat freaks looking to squeeze even more order into their lives. We hope we can make getting and staying organized fun and informative."


Neat and Simple
Clarify Priorities
Let Go of Clutter
Acquire Less
Simplify More
Organize what You Hase
Develop Self-Care
Live a Life You LOVE!


Psychology of Clutter
"This blog is designed to help people organize their lives and the disruption caused by chaos and clutter. Chaos and clutter can be literal, such as physical stuff, or it can be emotional, such as negative thoughts, emotions and relationships."


Zen Habits
"Zen Habits covers: achieving goals, productivity, being organized, GTD, motivation, eliminating debt, saving, getting a flat stomach, eating healthy, simplifying, living frugal, parenting, happiness, and successfully implementing good habits."


I'm always interested in other blogs and articles about clutter and simplification. If you know of a good site, please let me know in the comments. If the thought of reading tips to reduce clutter gives you hives, feel free to submit squalor sites.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for these sites. Reducing clutter seems to be a live-long discipline for me. Especially when partnered with a Messie. We have just bought an antique motorhome (1982 Foretravel ORED), so the stakes are even higher.

    I enjoy your blog -- hope to retire as soon as I am eligible for Medicare (about 5 years) and practice law on the road with partner Harry and assorted canines.

    Natalie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reader Brandie emailed me and recommended this site:

    http://www.monicaricci.typepad.com/

    Her own site is also good:

    http://www.organizesimplify.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. My favorite site for clutter control is www.flylady.net. I never considered modifying her methods for an RV (having just completed our first 30-day trip, I didn't need to until this past month) but I know it would work well.

    ReplyDelete

Share your comments on this post! We currently allow anyone to comment without registering. If you choose to use the "anonymous" option, please add your name or nickname to the bottom of your comment, within the main comment box. Getting feedback signed simply "anonymous" is kind of like having strangers shout things at us on the street: a bit disconcerting. Thanks!