Monday, May 19, 2008

Monday Miscellany: Moving, moving, moving

Today I am a guest blogger over on Unclutterer. I am also on a flight to California to help my Mom move from a 3 bedroom house to a studio apartment. Thanks to the wonder of the Internet, I can do both simultaneously.

I grew up in a military family, and we moved our entire household on average once every 18 months until I left for college. Mom can pack a box like it's nobody's business, but it has been about 15 years since she and my stepfather Bob moved into their home. She's been working for months to downsize and I'm giving her a hand with the final tasks. Within the course of 48 hours she'll need to move into the studio, put most of her furniture into storage and get on an airplane herself to celebrate my niece's high school graduation. At bit frantic even for seasoned movers like ourselves.

If you're in California and I don't get a chance to visit with you on this brief trip, please forgive me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your comments on this post! We currently allow anyone to comment without registering. If you choose to use the "anonymous" option, please add your name or nickname to the bottom of your comment, within the main comment box. Getting feedback signed simply "anonymous" is kind of like having strangers shout things at us on the street: a bit disconcerting. Thanks!