Sunday, June 15, 2014

Aft half of the pilot house

This is where I usually sit while we're underway. My old laptop displays live charts so we can have all eyes reviewing the route.

The white board is used to record weather info if we are out of cell range and using only the weather radio. I find it's easier to keep the audio only forecasts straight if I write them down. I can also see how they change over time.

The sturdy overhead book case holds primarily cruising guides. The platform under my feet stores large flat paper charts. There is an air conditioner unit under most of the settee, and a bit of miscellany under the rest. 

Our PFDs live on hooks next to the port door. The tool box is usually here, too. It's open in this photo while we deal with the missing anchor roller bolt. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your comments on this post! We currently allow anyone to comment without registering. If you choose to use the "anonymous" option, please add your name or nickname to the bottom of your comment, within the main comment box. Getting feedback signed simply "anonymous" is kind of like having strangers shout things at us on the street: a bit disconcerting. Thanks!