Tuesday, March 15, 2005

We are still in Alameda at Coach Specialties. As I had hoped, they jumped right on our little project, and it looks like we can be done here by mid-day tomorrow. Proprietor Don Roderick and his brother Jim clearly know the coach repair business, and even have more than a passing familiarity with Neoplans. Nice folks. We also enjoyed another nice sunset here tonight.

I received an email today from Remington Stone of Lick Observatory. It turns out he's reading the blog(!), and he wrote to correct some minor (and some major) errors and oversights in my post here on Saturday. (Thanks, Rem!) If you've already read it, feel free to scroll down (or use this link) and do so again...

My story, and I'm sticking to it, is that it was ~2am when I posted that, and I was trying to remember and record everything we did before I turned in. And that's how I moved a moon out of Jovian orbit and caused it to circle Saturn instead -- a neat trick, if you consider the physics involved. (It's fixed now, so if you missed my goofs, too late.)

We will be off-line in the morning because I will need to pull Odyssey into the shop here first thing. We both have appointments in the south bay tomorrow, so we will likely end up somewhere around there tomorrow night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your comments on this post! We currently allow anyone to comment without registering. If you choose to use the "anonymous" option, please add your name or nickname to the bottom of your comment, within the main comment box. Getting feedback signed simply "anonymous" is kind of like having strangers shout things at us on the street: a bit disconcerting. Thanks!