Just a very quick post here before we are out of range...
I am typing under way just offshore of Clearwater, Florida. In case you had not heard (and most would not, unless you are a mariner, a disaster responder, or a weather forecaster), there is a low pressure system off the Yucatan that has a 60% chance of developing into a tropical cyclone in the next few days. If it does, the most likely place for it to land is Tampa Bay, with decreasing probability north to Cedar Key.
On our way up the ICW today to our planned stop in Clearwater, we decided to play it safe and make a run for it, overnight to the St. Marks River and inland all the way to St. Marks. In addition to having a lower probability of landfall there, we will also be several miles inland and in the protection of the river.
It's a 24-hour gulf crossing, and we should arrive sometime around 4:30pm, plus or minus three hours depending on speed made good. We should have Internet coverage just a short time ahead of that. I will try to update our Spot page a couple of times under way, and Marine Traffic should also have us part of the way.