Thursday, September 21, 2006

Back in Atlanta, or, more precisely, Duluth

I reached my target stopping point of Suwanee yesterday afternoon just before 5.  Unfortunately, the Wal-Mart there was posted "no overnight parking," and I had to regroup.  I should, of course, have been prepared for this possibility with a backup site or two lined up, but I was not.  So I spent half an hour there, deploying the dish and getting on-line to do more research.

I ended up here, at the Wal-Mart in Duluth, just another seven miles down the road (map).  It's a supercenter, so I was able to pick up a few groceries for dinner and breakfast.  I had a quiet and undisturbed night, even though the stripes in this parking lot need refreshing more than the ones in Salisbury did.

Tonight's projected stop is Greenville, Alabama.  If the Wal-Mart there doesn't work out, I'm in a pickle:  there are no more Wal-Marts anywhere near my route until past Mobile.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your comments on this post! We currently allow anyone to comment without registering. If you choose to use the "anonymous" option, please add your name or nickname to the bottom of your comment, within the main comment box. Getting feedback signed simply "anonymous" is kind of like having strangers shout things at us on the street: a bit disconcerting. Thanks!