Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Deja vu

I am again parked at the Wal-Mart in Salisbury, NC (map).  This is the very same place we spent the night on our way to the FMCA rally in Concord last month.  I even ate at the same restaurant across the street, O'Charley's.

Even dumping the tanks was a deja vu experience: I stopped at the same Flying-J in Haw River where we last dumped on our way north to Richmond, and it was raining just as hard when I did so.  I actually hit driving rain about five miles north of there, so the dump station stop was timely in that it gave me the chance to put out the towels we use to catch all the drips.  Speaking of which, I got a call last week from Infinity Coach -- my last post about the leakage during the storm got them thinking, and they suggested a method for sealing around the windshield with some SikaFlex.  They even sent me some; now all I need is a few days of dry weather and some time to do the masking and sealing.

After dinner I did some shopping, and then settled in for the night.  Sometime after 10 I looked out the window and thought it strange that half the parking lot was empty, and I was all alone here.  When I walked Opal we discovered that the parking lot was now half roped-off, and we were inside the rope.  A quick look around revealed that a crew was in to refresh the striping.  They just had to stripe around Odyssey.  This is the second time this has happened to us, the first being at a Lowe's in Baton Rouge during our ten-week Red Cross deployment there.

Tonight I should be in Suwanee, Georgia, just northeast of Atlanta.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your comments on this post! We currently allow anyone to comment without registering. If you choose to use the "anonymous" option, please add your name or nickname to the bottom of your comment, within the main comment box. Getting feedback signed simply "anonymous" is kind of like having strangers shout things at us on the street: a bit disconcerting. Thanks!