Saturday, October 31, 2009

Down for the count


We are at the Elks lodge in Havre de Grace, Maryland (map).

I was able to pull myself together enough yesterday to drive the 40 miles here from Carney's Point, about two hours with all the traffic lights on US-40. As soon as we got parked, though, I went to bed and crashed. Louise wandered across the street to the Weis grocery store and picked up some meatballs in the deli, and fixed us a nice dinner in. The store came in handy again today when we ran out of decongestant.

I've been wheezing all day, so we are definitely here for another night. I think for a while that Louise was worried I had contracted H1N1, but my symptoms are more those of a cold than any type of influenza (handy chart here from Roche Laboratories). With any luck I will be over this thing by tomorrow and we can get back on the road.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your comments on this post! We currently allow anyone to comment without registering. If you choose to use the "anonymous" option, please add your name or nickname to the bottom of your comment, within the main comment box. Getting feedback signed simply "anonymous" is kind of like having strangers shout things at us on the street: a bit disconcerting. Thanks!