Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Website Wednesday: Four for the Money

On Wednesdays I write about websites that I visit often.

Today's links are all about personal finance.

Get Rich Slowly
"You will not find any get rich quickly schemes here. You will not find multi-level marketing fads or hot stock tips here. I am not pitching any product or book. (Yet.) You will find daily information about personal finance and related topics. I’ll share stories about debt elimination, saving money, and practical investing. I will post occasional reviews of books, magazines, and software. I will scour the web for the latest personal finance tools and articles. I’ll also post news on related topics like simplicity, frugality, and personal development. (I believe that personal growth is systemic, that in order to improve financially, you have to improve in other areas of your life.)"

The author of Get Rich Slowly has a very readable style. He often links to other personal finance websites and I've learned a lot by following his links. I read this one daily.

The Simple Dollar
"The Simple Dollar is for those of us who need both cents and sense: people fighting debt and bad spending habits while building a financially secure future and still affording a latte or two. Our busy lives are crazy enough without having to compare five hundred mutual funds - we just want simple ways to manage our finances and save a little money."

The Simple Dollar is one of my favorite sites, since I also don't want to research 500 mutual funds! His series of One Hour Projects to directly improve your financial life was a great recent set of posts.


Blogging Away Debt
"This debt blog will detail and chronicle the transformation of my personal financial life, including the repayment of tons of credit card debt, the establishment of a workable budget, building of an emergency fund and saving for retirement. In addition, I plan to offer myriad financial musings on topics ranging from investing, saving, negotiating with creditors and other things of interest to personal finance addicts."

This blogger shares a great deal of the nitty-gritty of his finances, with his ever-shrinking credit card debt posted on the main page every day. He started with over $37,000 in cc debt! I read this weekly.

Frugal for Life
"I was brought up frugally through my elementary and junior high years as my parents struggled with finances. As a kid I didn't really think much about it, it just was the way things were. I envied the 'rich' kids in junior high, but I had other 'issues' that were more important than clothes, then teenage years just stink for about everyone."

This site is sort of the Zen of Being Frugal. I like the posts where other readers write about how they became frugal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your comments on this post! We currently allow anyone to comment without registering. If you choose to use the "anonymous" option, please add your name or nickname to the bottom of your comment, within the main comment box. Getting feedback signed simply "anonymous" is kind of like having strangers shout things at us on the street: a bit disconcerting. Thanks!